Living Sacrifice

Friday, July 08, 2005

I'm back from my vacation! Well, I've been back for several days now, but I'm just now getting around to blogging. Let me tell you, it was the trip of a lifetime. Honestly, I think this was one of the first vacations when by the end, I wasn't ready to go home. I've told a couple people that if I hadn't already signed a lease in Oxford, I think I'd be looking for jobs out West. If I've ever experienced love at first sight, that was definitely it. :) But no worries, I'm happy to be in Oxford with my peeps....especially after I find a job.

But anyway, the trip was amazing. I'm going to try to sum it up in as short of terms possible, though that's going to be hard. I never imagined California could be so beautiful. Seeing the cities of LA and San Francisco were awesome, but I think even better was the driving between them. The landscape in CA is just so outstanding and diverse, from lusch green to dry rolling hills to beaches to rocky shore lines. It's just incredible.

LA was how you would imagine it I would guess. Busy, lots of famous stuff, the Hollywood sign, Beverly Hills. We saw lots of famous people's houses (HUGE!), and Rodea Drive and all that jazz. We staying in Marina Del Ray, a part of LA along the coast. It was nice....but while we were there, too cold to lay out on the beach! We found out from some random LAers that it was not typical weather for LA in June. Go figure. It was warmer in Ohio! lol

Next was Morro Bay. Our first impression was not much of one.....it was kind of foggy and there wasn't much to see. But it didn't take us long to discover a whole other part of Morro Bay along (imagine this)....the bay! lol There were all kinds of shops and places to eat, and if you drove a little ways out into the bay, there was even this HUGE rock that just looked like someone plopped it down in the middle of the bay. Morro Rock is what they called it. We liked to refer to it as "The Rock," as we did many other objects during our trip thereafter. lol

On our way to San Fran, we checked out Hearst Castle, which was some rich dude's mansion that they've now turned into a National Park or something. It was crazy big. Huge. Wow.

San Fran was next.....I liked San Fran....much like a really big Kona Bistro or something....haha Very trendy, lots of fun. They have trollies and stuff in the middle of the city, and all the houses are packed together, most of them light-colored, adding a really cool effect. Being on the bay made it fun, too, and we even visited Alcatraz. We also trucked it to the top of the huge hill on Lombard Street so we could see the famous crooked street.....and then Mom thought it would be a great idea to truck it down the crooked street to see it from the bottom (which ultimately meants trucking it BACK up the hill once again to get back to our hotel). Needless to say, I got a good picture from the bottom, but I wasn't too happy. lol Here we also ate at Bubbas Shrimp Company and went through a cool aquarium.

OK, I think I'll stop there and do either one or two most posts at another time to talk about the trip, so it's not too overwhelming. Here's a couple picks, one of Lombard Street in San Fran and one of "the Rock" of Morro Bay. :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home