Living Sacrifice

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

So, working at Kofenya is going to be really cool.....but challenging as well.....not in the sense of the workload, but in the sense of relationships with co-workers and customers. Naturally, majority of the workers and customers are college students, and I just can't help but feel I am a little on the outside. I'm having trouble relating, or maybe even caring I guess. Not really sure. I struggle with connecting with people, allowing people into my life and also being interested in theirs. And though I just graduated from college, I feel like I am in a totally different place in life than the people with whom I am working and interacting. I know it will be good for me, but it's not going to be easy. I just don't quite fit in anywhere right now.....but I am learning to be ok with that, and trying not to fall into the trap of earning or gaining people's approval (social acceptance). Though I still battle that, I feel like I should be beyond that by now. If I am loving and serving as I know how to do, then people can chose to like me or not like me based on many other different things if they like, but I need to be ok with that.

I don't know. I just feel very strange lately. Like I should be somewhere else or doing something different. Like this isn't really my life that I'm living. Kind of weird. But I am enjoying my jobs, and enjoying playing music and living with Spen. :)

But anyway, to elaborate on the coolness of Kofenya....the atmosphere in there is amazing. It's not very often you can find a place where God is openly invited into a business, and it makes such a difference. You can tell He is welcome there, that people are loved and accepted, that God is working in the hearts of the people who come to do something as simple as buy coffee. I see amazing, sweet things happen just about every time I work. Connections. Love. God. I see Him working. Could I ask for more from a place of employment??

To end, I'd like to say that there is definitely one thing I am extremely extremely happy about.....and that's not having to study!!!! It's so freeing. When I am home from work, I can either hang out with people, or enjoy my time....playing music, recording, reading a book, enjoying the weather. Whatever it may be.....but I DON'T have to study text books if I don't want to. :) I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to school.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home