Living Sacrifice

Monday, August 07, 2006

Sweet Day

Yes, I did make it to church this morning. It was rather enjoyable. Like Christi's comment, it's definitely not Veritas, but I also have to remember that it took me 5 years to be where I'm at with Veritas, too. I liked this church because they really seemed geared toward outreach. After church today, they were walking around the neighborhood (one of the poorer sections of Marion) and passing out bags of popcorn to invite people to a drive-in movie at the church (to be shown on the outside wall of the church). I thought that was awesome. I mean, of course there were things I didn't like about the church, but there is no perfect church, and I did feel sort of at home.....more than I would in a lot of churches. So that was cool. If I were to stay in Marion, I'd probably go there, but that's not 100% either.

So, after church, I thought I was going to see a movie with Mackster, but it didn't really work out *sad face*, but that's ok. Another time. I did, however, get to drive to Toledo to see the Toledo concert band play. The theme was Hollywood or something along those lines, so I got to hear some good stuff, INCLUDING music from O Brother Where Art Thou. That's right. :) And the best part: I got to hear Micah play his violin as a guest musician (playing at the zoo amphitheater). It was wonderful. I can't tell you how much I love to hear Micah play......he's soooooooo good! It's kind of like you get mesmerized or something....sucked in....and then you just kind of sit in awe at how awesome he is. And then afterward we got to hang out for a while, and I finally met his mom and re-met his sister and dad. It was a great time. Lots of laughs as always.

AND SO, to finish up my blog tonight because it's getting really late, I have a funny (and true) story from tonight:

OK, so I parked in the front parking lot of the zoo for the concert. Micah (being a musician) got to park really close in the back of the amphitheater. So, after the concert, we both walked to Micah's car and he drove out of the zoo and around the neighborhood to get me to my car in the other parking lot (approx a 6 minute drive). We get there, and they have locked the gates into the zoo! So, I can't get to my car. Sooooo.....we drive back to Micah's parking lot, park his car, walk about 8 minutes through the zoo and out to my car in the other parking lot, drive to the gate to find that the other gate is locked as well. Soooooo......I drive back up to the zoo entrance, and luckily we run into a security guard, who follows us back out to the gate and unlocks it so we can leave. (are you still with me?) Soooooo....we drive back to Micah's parking lot, only to find that the automatic gate only opens to cars from the inside and not the outside, so now we can't get IN to get Micah's car. *laugh* This is getting quite hysterical. But here's the best part. We are sitting there trying to figure out how to get in when we finally decide the best solution is to hop the fence. Micah is still in his concert clothes, so I happily volunteer (I'm in for an adventure, of course). Sooooo.....I climb to the top of the 10 foot fence only to find that my pants have caught on the pokey things. I spend about 60 seconds trying to uncatch myself without falling off on either side, finally giving up and just sitting on the pokey things and saying “ouch” a lot. Then just as I am trying to get uncaught again, a zoo worker comes up to us and says, "Hey, I can let you in." YEAH, NOW you show up. Since I am still caught but I really want to get down, I go ahead and climb down anyway, ripping a huge hole in the back of my pants. I later found, too, that my wrist was bleeding from a scratch from the pokey things. But we finally got in and got Micah's car, and that's what really matters. Mission accomplished. And it was quite a riot. And an adventure! :) And now I have a cool flesh wound and a sweet hole in my pants to remind me of our dangerous style of living on the edge and attempting to break in to the Toledo Zoo.

OK, nitey nite.

9 Comments:

  • Sounds awesome Kimmy!! Glad you went to the church and enjoyed it! Always cool!!

    How are ya doing depression wise? Have you thought about meeting with someone to pray with you about the stuff? As I mentioned, if it is more spiritual in nature, then def. prayer is good, though prayer is always good... also though, do you take meds for it? If it is not so spiritual, maybe that is a route to look into? My old pastor at VCC, Steve Sjogren, after he had that incident at the hospital where they pierced his aeorta when doing gall bladder surgery, he went thru depression... and he spoke to the church many times and said how there is NO SHAME in having to take meds for depression. He did so.

    And sometimes we don't feel like doing stuff, ie: spending time with God, but that is when we most need to do so. Sometimes it is just a matter of making the choice to say okay, enough is enough... and this is what I am going to do.

    God is very real and present in ALL your situations, NO matter how you feel or what the situations seem to be like. He is always there. Isn't that awesome!! He wrote OUR names on His Hand and He wrote HIS Name on our heart!!! He dances over us and has a special song He sings over each one of us... a unique song. (He told me that once!!) And there is a book ALL about US, that He writes in frequently... His fave things about us, special moments enjoyed with us, etc... cool huh??

    Diff. subject. Check out www.heatherclarkband.com Also, I think their myspace is www.myspace.com/heatherclarkband She is from Kamloops, BC I think, and really awesome voice and worship leader. (she and her band) She just played here at a conference Passion and Fire co-hosted with Encounters Network called "Women on the Frontlines" and it was great!! She sounds kinda folky but worship artist. I think that is how her myspace page describes her? Good stuff anyway! Emily Bean from Oxford was there... Paula said she saw her one of the days.

    Hope all is well!!

    Luv,

    EM :-) <><

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:18 PM  

  • Thanks Em! Yes, I did try meds before....a long time ago in high school.....and though I don't necessarily disagree with taking meds for depression, I just don't feel like it is the right route for me. I feel like there are things in my life that I need to deal with (allow God to enter and heal) that I haven't completely given to Him yet, and I think that when I do that, I will find freedom from my emotional dungeon. For now, I have good days and bad days I guess. I try not to think about how I really feel most of the time, and that seems to work pretty well for the time being. Most of my friends outside my close circle would probably be surprised if I ever told them I was depressed. Not sure if that is a good things or not......I guess it's ok as long as I am being real with the people close to me.

    And Heather Clark seems pretty cool! Glad you got to see her in person....I bet that was pretty awesome. :) "Kisses of His Mouth" is absolutely beautiful.

    Anyway, I always appreciate your input.....thank you so much for taking the time to comment and give me insight. You are very thoughtful and caring. Thanks :)

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 7:01 PM  

  • Oh, and Christi....I really didn't say all that much about Micah. You should give him a call. Right now, he's in Toledo for about a week....just got back from being in Maine for the summer.....and then by next week he'll be heading to University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC to get his D. + some other letters that mean someone who's been through a lot of school and is really important. ;)

    Love you!

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 7:03 PM  

  • Wow... that's a pretty jam-packed night with Micah! Glad he's doing so well! Haven't talked with him in a long time.

    Oh, and sorry I got on you so soon about the updates... We went to church on Saturday this week and that made me think it was Sunday, which means the next day, I was like, "Kimmy better tell me how it went!" ;-)

    I'll probably write more about my experience in a couple of weeks so I am not giving an opinion about the church after just one week. I need to give it more of a chance.

    By Blogger Christi Lee, at 7:29 AM  

  • Good deal Kimmy.... sounds like you are aware of meds. and all. Just didn't know if you ever tried that route or what. It sounds like maybe once you do start dealing with your "stuff" it will come together in a good way. Not so sure if trying not to think about the stuff is necessarily good however. I mean, eventually it will be dealt with... but sooner rather than later? Whatever it is, God will get you through it because He will be holding your Hand through it all.

    Yeah, Heather Clark is purty cool! I love the Kisses of His Mouth song. I have the entire cd. Most of it is not my fave as it is way diff. than her other stuff, but I guess that might be why... totally diff. angle... The other song, hey jimmy or whatever, never heard it, so I think it may be off one of her very first cds from her old band Hikkup. I do not own any of those. My fave of her cds is "Undivided Focus" and if you cannot listen to it on her reg. web page, you might be able to listen to it at www.worshipmusic.com I think it is. Undivded Focus song is my fave on the cd as well!

    Well, have a blessed day girl!!

    Luv,

    EM :-) <><

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:46 PM  

  • How is life for you today Kimmy? I hope that all is well. Just had a prayer request... a Dr. my dad works with wanted me to pass this on... she was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago and is having surgery today to have them removed. She feels like the cancer has spread... so if you think of her, Ellen Norby, please pray for her. I am not sure when the surgery was/is, and this is the 1st chance that I have had to get this msg. out to you. Thank you so much for praying for her. It is much appreciated! Any prayer lists that you may have, please put her on them. Thank you so much! I hope that you have a great day!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:03 PM  

  • Anonymous....can you please let me know who you are? I was trying to figure it out by what you wrote, but I can't quite guess. Once I know who you are, I'll send out an email to my church.

    *hug*

    By Blogger Kimmy, at 10:00 PM  

  • Anonymous is Emily....... oops sorry!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:38 PM  

  • [url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]wetter 3[/b][/url]

    [url=http://www.ile-maurice.com/forum/members/wetter-vorhersage.html][b]das wetter[b][/url]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home