Living Sacrifice

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

I was informed by my boss on Saturday night that The Passion of the Christ has made 3rd on the list of top money-making movies in the first 5 days, right behind Lord of the Rings: Return of the King and Star Wars. I’m still not sure how to feel about all the hype. It seems like I hear about it everywhere. I even heard a lady talking to a grocery stocker today about Jesus and the movie! I mean, that’s awesome! I think it’s great that all this discussion is being aroused by the movie.

A trend that I have noticed about myself, though, when discussing whether this movie is a good thing, the implications behind it, etc etc…..I’ve found that I say “I think” “I think” “I think” a lot, rather than “well, God says…..” and “the Bible says…..” I need to start thinking about where my opinions are coming from. Why do I have the opinions that I do? Why do I get stirred up about certain things? Sometimes there’s even anger…..where does that come from? Is it justified? Most of the time, I think my opinions are just that…..MY opinions, and not necessarily what God would approve or find righteous and pleasing to Him. So, I guess my point is that I need to start seeking out answers in His Word and through prayer more than I do now. I bet I could even find something in the Bible about what God thinks about movies…..I mean, granted, it won’t be DIRECTLY stated, but indirectly, I feel like God gives us answers to everything. We just have to be willing to search for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home