Living Sacrifice

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

WOW....Tonight I saw the most INCREDIBLE SKY I think I have ever seen. I was afraid I was going to get in a wreck as I drove out to some country roads to get a better look because I couldn't take my eyes off of the beauty of it all. It was amazing....can't even describe it. And it's kind of funny, because I don't usually get all that excited about nature. I mean, I can appreciate it, but it doesn't really arouse much in me except a nice comment like "oh, how pretty" or something. But tonight, I literally stood in awe at the sky. It was cool. And I even took a few pics, though I know they won't do it justice, and I won't have them for a while because it's a throw away camera, not digital. However, Glenn did get a pretty cool pic of one part of the sky.

Today, I also got to pee at the same time as Zoey, which of course is pretty exciting for a 2 year old. She sat on her little pot and we stared at each other. haha Yeah, ok, TMI, but whether we were peeing or not, it was still cute.

To end the blog, here's a part from A Severe Mercy that I thought was pretty cool. It's a letter from C.S. Lewis to the author (who at the time was contemplating accepting Christ, but couldn't quite get himself to do it because he kept doubting.....he mentioned how he wished he could believe, but then he kept thinking that he couldn't. So here was one thing that C.S. Lewis said in the response letter to him:

"It is quite clear from what you say that you have conscious wishes on both sides. And now, another point about wishes. A wish may lead to false beliefs, granted. But what does the existence of the wish suggest? At one time I was much impressed by Arnold's line 'Nor does the being hungry prove that we have bread.' But surely, tho' it doesn't prove that one particular man will get food, it does prove that there is such a thing as food! i.e. if we were a species that didn't normally eat, weren't designed to eat, wd. we feel hungry? You say the materialist universe is 'ugly'. I wonder how you discovered that! If you are really a product of a materialistic universe, how is it you don't feel at home there? Do fish complain of the sea for being wet? Or if they did, would that fact itself not strongly suggest that they had not always been, or wd. not always be, purely aquatic creatures?"

Interesting. Of course! We all have an inner longing to belong, to be loved, a feeling that we don't fit in...that we don't belong here. We feel out of place, out of time.....because we are made to be ETERNAL creatures!! Forever with God! Of course. Doesn't it make perfect sense? Why do we spend our whole lives searching and feeling unfulfilled? Because God created us that way, to have a longing and desire for something greater. We feel it because it is real. Even the pre- or non-Christians feel it, they just might never recognize it for what it is. We belong with God. This life is only the beginning.....of eternity where there is no time and no suffering. AWEEEESOME! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home