Living Sacrifice

Thursday, December 02, 2004

I’ve been in love with a concept,
Instead of my true Love.
I’ve been in love with the way people love me,
Rather than really loving them.
I’ve been in love with myself,
Not the people who really need it.
I’ve been in love with comfort,
Instead of exchanging it for real living.
I’ve been in love with my pain,
Rather than giving it up.
I’ve been in love with the world,
And committed my great affair.
I’ve been in love with all the wrong things.
And today, I am realizing
All the things that aren’t worth loving,
And then the things that are.
I want a heart that longs for the sick,
The needy, the weak, the meek.
I want a heart that cries, that burns
With compassion for others.
I want a heart that bursts with love
That just can't be containted.
And I want to be in love with a Perfect Man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home