Living Sacrifice

Sunday, November 14, 2004

I don't really know how to describe today. I'm thankful for the good things in it, because it certainly had some crazy, stressful, frustrating, and self-confidence destroying events. Allow me to tell you about my day. :)

Started off the day by reading a bit, then I went to pick up McKenzie to go out for lunch and see a movie. Which we did, and it was fun, although I think The Incredibles was too long and involved for her. Then we came back to my place to check out Auggy and so she could see my apartment. While we were hanging out, I got a phone call.....Doug called and said Scott needed help with the platters on theater #3. So, with McKenzie, I rush into the theater, try frantically to fix the machines (to no avail), and so waste 30-45 minutes of time while McKenzie waited patiently for me. Then, we go outside to leave, and my car won't start (this must be the 10th time in the last 2 months that I've had to jump my car......new battery? Ummm, yeah, probably need one, along with new locks, new trunk pop button, new back speakers, new back lights, oiled clutch, and probably a host of other things....maybe a new engine! lol Just kidding, I hope). So, we jump start the car and I take McKenzie back. When I drop her off, I ask her if she'd like me to come inside, to which she responds "No, bye Kim." Definitely left me feeling kind of worthless and not good enough. What did I do wrong? Why can't I do anything right? Then, it's almost time to go into work (again), so I go in, facing a projector not working and having to cancel our biggest show, emergency passes, refunds, then hearing a horrid noise from another projector (thinking I'd have to cancel another show, because this noise has meant repairs in the past) which turned out to stop on it's own (miraculously).....by the way, by this time, I'm on the verge of tears......I went and bought some fuses to try to fix the platters, which didn't work, then I had to move 2 movie reels and one platter in order to make the 9 o' clock set work, canceling one show in order to allow another one to run, changing lenses and disks and things. The only thing that kept me sane was my co-workers, who crack jokes and keep me smiling. I'm thankful for them.
It was probably one of my worst nights at the theater. But it all worked out ok. By the 9 o' clock set, I was feeling better and a little less stressed. And by the very end of the night, I was totally blessed. I came home not only to a loving doggie, but to two of my bestest buds, Eric and Christi, chillin' on my couch. It was wonderful. And now, I feel pretty darn good. :) A happy ending to an interesting day. Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home