Living Sacrifice

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

I know I told this story in church, so if you were there, this will be redundant. But I want to write it out so that later, when I am doubting that God really cares or loves me, some nice person out there can say "Kim, go read your blog from the 10th of November in 2004" (and they'll know the exact date, of course).

I don't often see the little things God does for me. That can be a result of two things: 1) God seldom shows little ways of loving me or 2) I don't pay attention to the things He does. My best bet is on #2. As you can probably tell by reading through my blogs over the past months, I am often caught in my problems, and I think this blinds me from how God reveals His love to me....just to me, little me.....God takes time for me! It's rather amazing if I sit and think about it long enough. But usually, I'm too busy...too busy working, studying, dwelling on my own self-pity, getting mad at people for bad reasons (I might blog about that later).

But ANYWAY, all that said, I have to tell a little story that blessed the begeebies out of me. I was talking with a friend on Friday night during a little snack break from prayer and worship. Some how, we got on the topic of vacationing, and I knew he had lived in CA for a little while, so I told him what a lot of my friends probably already know: I've always had a desire to go out West, but just never have. This guy also has the gift of prophesy, which is really awesome and I should blog about that sometime, too...but anyway, not to over-spiritualize the situation, but he said simply and causally, more as encouragement to me, "You'll get to go someday." I didn't think much of it, but I did appreciate his words and I didn't forget what he said.

OK, so here's the cool part. Within 12 hours of that conversation, my mom beeped me and said that her and my dad wanted to get me a graduation present, and they said they wanted to get me a trip out West to CA!!!! Oh my.....I was just about speechless, and then I had to laugh. I was so happy! It was like God was saying "I hear even the smallest, simplest desires of your heart," and like any father would, God the Father wanted to show His Daddy-ness to me by blessing me and making me happy. It was great. I talked to my mom about it. I am so excited about their gift to me, because not only is it a gift from my parents, but from God as well.

I don't deserve His love. But He gives it anyway. I don't deserve my friends and family. But I have them. And I certainly don't deserve a trip to CA, but God willing, I'm gonna get it in June! :) Still working out the details, but I'm really excited. Right now, looks like 10 days with the fam, staying a couple days in several places, including LA, Yosemite, San Diego, and Lake Tahoe, with some redwood forest visits and a few other places. After that, 'rents and fam go home while I get to rent a car for a week and drive wherever I want. Might be driving home. Haven't decided that yet. But either way, I'm looking forward to both parts, being with fam and traveling CA and then being by myself to drive and be crazy and go wherever and do whatever I want. Great time to be with God, too. Maybe I'll go hiking for a couple days at some different places out West and then fly back home. Not sure yet. Suggestions are welcome, especially if your name is Ian and you've recently been around the entire US to all the cool places. :)

I'm such a screw up, but God is so cool, and His love is awesome and endures FOREVER. For me. :) And for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home