Living Sacrifice

Friday, January 14, 2005

Had a meeting tonight with Glenn that was much needed, and it rocked. It's very hard for me to talk about things sometimes....even if it is simple things.....and then that builds up over time and churns emotions and causes me to have other feelings that may not even necessarily relate to the root problem. When communication doesn't occur, things get ugly inside because there is no one on the outside to help me see the truth and from a different perspective than my own. I am so thankful, in this case, for Spencer, Glenn, Kara, and Virgi who all patiently listened and all played different parts in helping me see truth and talk about things and communicate my feelings. Never have I lived in such openness to the sharing of not only feelings and emotions but also of a deep desire to see a movement of God within the hearts of God's people and outside of the Church.

I am so thankful for Glenn's willingness tonight to travel with me on this journey of questioning and doubt and even some emptiness and confusion, and for Cathy's sacrifice of time with her husband so he had the opportunity to talk through these things with me. I have been extremely blessed to get to know them both over the past 3 or so years, and I've begun to think about life in a few months and where I will be....and whether they will become a more distant part of that if I decide to move away to work somewhere else.......

I won't dwell on that for now....I will deal with it when it comes. But in the meantime, I am so happy for God's people and the amazing works He does through them...small things, big things, whatever it may be. Tonight, it just meant connecting with my brother in Christ, and through that process, God was revealed and glorified. I know He was a part of our discussion, and it was amazing. And I was also reminded tonight of how much Glenn has allowed God to change and work in him over the past few years. Huge changes that are very apparent, and I praise God and also commend Glenn on being submissive to God's will in order to allow God to make such changes.

I learned (or was reminded) of a couple things tonight, with which I will close out this blog so I can go to bed. One, that God is so willing to work with us and for us and for His glory if we only allow the means for it to happen, such as a submissive heart. And secondly, communication is so very important in any type of relationship and can make a world of difference. It allows sharing and connecting and, quite simply, loving one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home