Living Sacrifice

Saturday, April 09, 2005

I just got back this afternoon from a women's conference in Columbus, Ohio. It was all about reaching single moms in Ohio, helping them, loving them, and sharing Christ with them. Some of the women there were single moms themselves who had been reached out to by ministries and special people in their lives. Some of them told stories.....some so touching that many cried (and I almost did, too). God is an amazing God who really honestly changes people's lives. I'm really glad I got to go. Not only did I get to learn some great stuff, hear some great stories, and stay in a hotel, but I also got to get away from Oxford for a day. :)

I'm trying to think back to the most significant things I learned while I was away. One, I was just reminded once again how powerful and IMPORTANT prayer really is. I struggle to pray sometimes, but it's my way to communicate with God. I should be submitting everything to Him and asking Him before I make all decisions. I mean, who knows better than Him? And to go along with this, I need to work on being patience and listening for His words, voice, and answers.

I think my eyes were also opened to how comfortable I have allowed myself to become in my Christianity. I don't step out, take risks, sacrifice my life enough....I have settled for less than what God desires of me, and that was disappointing, but also good because it means I still have chances to change.

And finally, I think God is finally starting to show me what He wants me to do when I graduate. It's still pretty fuzzy, though....seems like I am getting little piece by little piece. So, I don't want to really share what's going through my head right now until I'm sure that's what God is telling me, but as soon as I think I have things figured out, I'm sure I'll write about it. :)

Praise God for His faithfulness, goodness, graciousness, and mercy. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home