Living Sacrifice

Friday, September 02, 2005

I worked my first night as a manager at Kofenya last night.....it went pretty smooth I'd say. I enjoyed it, though I was a little tense and stressed out since it was my first night. But, I got to work with two really cool dudes, and it was nice for a change of pace because I've worked with all women at Kofenya so far. They were really hard workers, so I was glad to have them around. When we had some down time, Adam, one of the dudes working with me, looked at me and said, "Can I hear your testimony?" haha It was so weird....I haven't had anyone ask me that in a long time. And it wasn't like he was trying to be all like "Christian" or whatever, but you could see in his eyes that he was genuinely interested in my story, and excited to hear about what God was doing in someone else's life. It was refreshing to have someone be that interested in my life. And I know it wasn't because he's "interested" in me, either, because he has a girlfriend that he adores. So, that was just really really awesome. And....he's getting baptised on Sept 11, exactly a year after he accepted Christ, and so I'm going to do my best to go to his baptism. I'm totally excited, because it's also been a while since I've seen one of those.

In a lot of the people who work at Kofenya, I can see a genuine excitement for Christ and His Kingdom. I mean, as any Christian can, I think we get caught up in being "cool" and liked and accepted, but a lot of the people there at Kofenya are nice and smiley not because they are being fake, but because Christ is really shining through them. I really love it. When I see people like that, it makes me realize what a dark spot I have been in for the longest time, and it makes me look at them and say "I want that." It makes me hungry for God. It makes me want to change. It makes me want to seek Him and His glory.

I think this is where God wants me for now. I need this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home