Living Sacrifice

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Stuff

Well, as my days here in Oxford wear thin, I am realizing more and more that I have a lot of things I want/need to get done before I go. It's a little overwhelming when I think about it, so I try not to. ;) Most important on the list of things to do is hang out with my peeps. Whether I have everything I need for the trail is irrelevant if I haven't had time to hang out with my friends. :) And I've heard several times that Steve is still going to call me about taking the theater job.....Spen and I talked about it tonight....we talked about what it would take to get me to stay. I don't see it happening, and I really don't think Steve will call, though Doug is still convinced that he will.

By the way, today was pretty darn sweet. Christi finally got to meet Waldo, the farm, and the dogs. We drove almost 3 hours from Oxford to Waldo, and then about 2 and a half hours from Waldo to Cinci to be at my house for a grand total of about an hour. Which means between the last two trips I have made home, I've been in my house for about an hour and a half. A little odd.....yes. BUT....today, while we were in Waldo, Christi, Lacey, and I made a very quick trip into downtown Marion to the infamous Crown Tower, and it was as amazing as ever. I really love that place. They roast their coffee beans right in the store, and they have so many flavors. And it doesn't stop at coffee. They have chocolates, jams, wines, teas, crackers, cheese spreads, trinkets......just about anything you can think of that would be in the coolest shop ever. So, I was happy to be back, because it's been a while since I've visited one of my favorite places.

So after Waldo, Christi and I trekked to Cincinnati where we met Jared and Eric for sushi, which was delicious and fun at the same time. I really never have spent enough time hanging with Eric and Christi, which makes me sad, but I'm glad that I was able to tonight. They are two very amazing people. Here's an example of how amazing they really are: they got me blister stuff and a journal for the trail, all wrapped up in cute paper with little notes and things and hemp with beads to tie it off. It was incredible and so thoughtful. Both will be used for sure on the trail, and I can think of them all the time now when I write down my incredibly deep thoughts in my new journal. lol

We played a game at Jared's after dinner, which was also fun, though I found that throughout the evening tonight, I seemed to become more and more quiet and distant. I found myself feeling kind of pouty I guess.....that might be the word for it.....and I didn't like it. I was trying to think about where the feelings were coming from, and I had several theories, which I am not going to list on my blog at this time for the simple reason that I don't feel like sharing my feelings at the moment with an entire population of people. It's nothing horrible, just more stuff I need to work through.

But anyway, overall it was a wonderful evening spent in great company with people whom I love dearly. And I wanted to write more about some other things, but I can feel myself drifting off.....I better get to bed. I am sure I will write more tomorrow when I get time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home