Living Sacrifice

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Tri Weight Room

I almost forgot a cool story from today. Someone was using the eliptical machine upstairs in the women's weight room at the tri, so I used the one in the men's weight room. Well, this dude comes in, in his mid-40's, and after a while, he strikes up a conversation. We get to talking, and he's this really sweet man....and he loves Jesus and wasn't afraid to talk about it at all. He talked a little bit about material possessions and how it all doesn't really mean anything to him anymore, and I could just see it in his eye.....his passion for God. It was so refreshing. I think that's the best way I can describe it. Refreshing. Someone to briefly remind me that God still exists, since I seem to need to be reminded every second of the day.

It was funny, too, because once he found out I worked at the theater, he was asking me if I knew this really nice boy who comes in, with curly hair.....really nice boy. But he couldn't think of his name. I thought he meant a customer at the theater, but he meant an employee, so I said "Spencer"? And he said "yeah, yeah, that's it." I laughed as I informed him that Spencer was my brother. And then.....after telling me his name (Bill Lafferty), I asked him if he was a professor or something, because his name was so familiar. It turns out, he owns the car shop where David kept recommending me to take my car. Oh my.....Oxford is such a small place! But it was wonderful. I was able to tell him how David had recommended his place for my car because of great, honest service. And then we were able to talk a little more before I left. It was really nice. I liked him a lot.

OK, that's all. Just wanted to share that story because Bill Lafferty is my new friend and he made me happy today. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home