Living Sacrifice

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Gone Dancing

Today while running cirles to make a whirlpool in TJ's pool out back, TJ and I decided that we needed to do something fun tonight. Well, TJ's uncle plays in a jazz band at the fancy schmancy Celestial close to the river in Cinci, so we decided to give him a visit tonight and listen to some music. It was lovely. The place is just gorgeous and has an inspiring view of the city out of the many large windows at the side of the bar. There was no conver charge, and majority of the people there were over 55. Let me clarify, though, that we went to the lounge and not the restaurant (which is extremely expensive). It brought me a lot of joy to sit and watch the older people dancing and having fun. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves so much, and naturally, most of them know how to dance (too bad our generation isn't following in their footsteps). Well, with the older people dancing and the live music hoppin', I just couldn't sit still, so TJ had no choice but to get up and learn to dance. hehe Let me tell you, he is quite the dancer. Just tonight, he learned the Fox Trot, the Cha Cha, and Swing. We had a blast (at least I did), and I was even asked to dance by two other older guys!!! *laugh* I kindly turned them down because I was afraid of messing up (they were pretty good, you know), but if I go again and get asked, I think I'll say yes. I am easily wooed by a man who can dance. ;) And those old guys, they're awfully smooth. hehe

Anyway, it was a fun nite. And I only hope that I can be that fun when I'm 60, 70, 80.....

1 Comments:

  • Speaking of dancing. I haven't done any of it lately. Oh, I miss dancing. I used to dance a lot in school during my high schools days. Those were the old memories. Good thing you enjoyed your night.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home