Living Sacrifice

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ohio State Fair

Well, I can finally write this on my blog because I know Lacey won't read it before we leave (I don't think she reads it anyway, but just in case.....). I am surprising her today with a trip to the Ohio State Fair (yeehaw!), which we will top off at the end of the day with a sold-out RASCAL FLATTS concert!!!! I can't wait. They've definitely become one of my favorite bands, and Lacey likes them, too, so I thought it was a great opportunity for us to get to hang out. I'm super excited. I even bought cowboy hats for us to wear. hehehe Anyway, I'll write about it sometime soon when I get a chance.

Other updates: had a job interview for cafe manager at Barnes and Noble in Cinci on Friday. It went okay. Not great, but not horrible I guess. I made it to the next round of interviews, so I guess that's a plus. Do I think I'll get the job? I'm pretty doubtful.....I didn't realize the job was primarily focused on sales, and besides our simple up-selling at the theater, I don't have much experience with that, and quite frankly, I don't know that I would enjoy it that much, either. I don't like feeling like I am pushing something on people that they don't really want or that they get kind of tricked into buying. I know that's what business is all about....increasing revenue and all that. But maybe that's one thing I really liked about Kofenya.....we never had to worry about the sales, it was all about customer service and being friendly. I just feel like it's better that way. I suppose that stems from my lack of interest in money as well. I really don't care about making more money as long as I'm happy and have enough to keep me alive, you know what I mean? But, if I do get the job and what they ask of me is to focus on sales and increasing percentages and all that, then that's what I'll do, and I'm sure I'll be good at it.

Also new info: I am going to be staying at TJ's house for a little while after I get done cat-sitting so that I can help out around the house. Things have gotten kind of crazy for them right now, and so they could use an extra hand or two for a while. I'm pretty stoked. I get to hang out with one of the coolest families I know. :)

Other news: I need to go take a shower and get ready for the fair. :) Yay Rascal Flatts! And I get to hang out with my sis! Even better. :) To anyone reading this today, enjoy the weather! It's so amazing outside. Go romp in the wild flowers or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home