Living Sacrifice

Friday, August 25, 2006

I'm trying to figure out a lot of things right now, some of which I discussed with numerous wise people today. Those things include:

1. How can I listen to God?
2. Is there always a "better" choice?
3. Am I capable?
4. Am I ready to depart from my church community and move on to a different one?
5. Why do I feel like my looks define me and how do I overcome that?
6. How do I become more disciplined?
7. What role does a job play in my life?


Besides thinking about things like this, today I also:

1. Changed 2 poopy diapers
2. Had 3 different coffees from 3 different places all before 10am
3. Bought a $10 pair of dress shoes for an interview on my way to the interview
4. Had an interview
5. Visited Megan
6. Visited Spenny
7. Had dinner with G and C
8. Visited with G, C, and Andrea
9. Talked to Micah on the phone
10. Had a good chat with TJ


Today, I learned:

1. Sometimes, the best advice from my friends is pretty much no advice at all (basically, forcing me to seek God on my own and make my own decisions)
2. "You lead people, you manage tasks"
3. Discipline is really important
4. It's ok to talk about faith in interviews
5. I'm learning how to play the interview game
6. Colerain Walmart is always busy (and dirty)
7. If I were an employer interviewing me, I would not hire me
8. I'm starting to like babies more
9. I have serious issues with being evaluated
10. I am completely, utterly, and totally blessed in so many areas of my life, specifically the friend area

1 Comments:

  • Those are just the same quesitons I keep aksing myself. And indeed, it's really better to talk to somebody and share how we feel and what bothers us. It makes you feel light.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home